Friday 21 August 2015

Notes from PYP Coordinator

As the new IBPYP Coordinator and Assistant Head of Primary, my job is about working collaboratively in planning the delivery of the PYP in all curriculums areas. I have been in classrooms this week introducing myself to the students. I describe my job as getting to work with their teachers planning cool ways to help them inquire. All of us in our Chatsworth community are part of that collaborative spirit to support student learning and inquiry.

As we embark on new ways to involve parents in our program, I want you to have a chance to review our new Programme of Inquiry. This inquiry is the context we use for students to explore global significant issues through central ideas relevant to a particular transdiciplinary theme. If you see places where you might be involved in our program as a guest speaker or in any other way, please let me know.

If you have any books, clothes or hats you are getting rid of, please think of donating them to our Early Years classrooms for our dress-up corners.

Kim Riemer
Assistant Head of Primary
PYP Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment