Friday 22 January 2016

Perspectives from the PYP Coordinator

22 January


Professional development is a teacher’s way of challenging themselves and maintaining their lifelong learning. I spent this past week in Adelaide learning more about the role of the Primary Years Programme Coordinator (PYPC).  In this workshop there were PYP coordinators from all over the Asia Pacific region.  This workshop not only gave me ideas about improving my practice with the teachers, it also gave me a larger network of colleagues as resources. We spent from 8:30 - 4:30 every day as well as evenings and lunches, discussing our practices. There are so many things that I feel that we do well at Chatsworth in providing an inquiry based learning environment for our students. There are other areas that I feel we can improve. Just as we challenge our students to learn and grow in a supportive environment, my job is to provide that same environment for the teachers.  This professional development gave me ways forward for our programme. As we move forward, Mr. Gauci and I will continue to work closely together ensuring that we are always challenging and supporting our community. I feel lucky to be at Chatsworth, a school that values learning and supports its staff to attend professional development and grow their personal practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment